As our IoT²AIML technology platform continues to mature, version 2.2 provides users with an even better user experience and data decision-making efficiencies. Here are the highlights of the update with commentary from Chris Jansz, Spiral Data’s CTO, plus a detailed look at our first release of a Common Data Model (CDM) functionality.
1. Notification Module: Providing SMS feature for applications and services.
“Due to the number of implementations of IOT²AI Platform in situations where a customer has a large geographical area of coverage, such as over a pipe network of many hundreds of kilometres, they do not always have access to a laptop and therefore a notifications feature is necessary. SMS alerts let customers know of specific data incidents that are worthy of their attention, such as an unusual transient event via their phone.”
2. Front-end UI upgrade to HoloViz Panel 1.2 (major release) with the latest features, performance and security updates
“The active dev community involved in Panel has provided some good enhancements to existing components which we are able to utilise in IOT²AI Platform. For example, making scrolling easier within the UI, accessing tooltip support and data visualisation animations.”
3. Front-end UI caching: Reimplemented front-end caching using Sqlite3 provides better performance, flexibility, and reduces resource requirements and cost for hosting.
“Performance is critical, especially with a large number of data points rendering on screen at any given moment. This feature enhancement also provides an incremental cost benefit over time.”
4. Implemented SQS Buffer: Replacing Kinesis Data Stream, which provides better control of data flow and cost optimisations
“We’re always mindful of cost effectiveness, this switch of data streams provides a higher degree of control through a simpler stream. Now we have an optimised way for processing the data through the exit of the stream, which in turn reduces time to decision advantage.”
5. Full-Stack Workbench Module: Providing a development environment for Data Engineers and Developers
“A really exciting addition to the IOT²AI Platform, which is also available in our AI Briefcase Edge device. This Module provides capability for teams who have the skills within their organisation to work in a dev environment. Here they can design, build and deploy their own ML algorithms and apps to interrogate the data within the platform.”
With the ongoing increase in scale and complexity of the datasets that our platform ingests, it was evident that a standardisation and screening of the data types would lead to implementing a Common Data Model (CDM).
IOT²AI Platform v2.2 now features the first version of the CDM, developed to decrease the ‘time to insight’ after data ingestion and processing.
The first version of the CDM provides the following key benefits:
- Standardise data model — Regardless of what structure (columns) is received from the customer, our CDM can map the source columns to a more robust structure with
- Simplify and reduce onboarding time for new resources
- Handle source data in multiple time zones and date-time formats
- Common data validations
- Mandatory column checks
- Data type checks
- Other validations such as value range checking
- Reduce complexity down the line (data discovery, machine learning, analytics..etc) Our data engineers, data scientists, and full-stack developers will only have to work with CDM structure regardless of the source structure
- Increased number of reusable code blocks in data discovery, machine learning and analytics
Read more on IOT²AI Platform use cases and benefits to Data Scientists via our Data Sheet.
Contact Spiral Data to discuss deploying IOT²AI Platform with your Data Science teams within a few hours and benefit from what has been developed over 5yrs at SpiralData.