The AMD Radeon PRO W7000 Series are the first professional graphics cards built on the advanced AMD chiplet design, and the first to offer DisplayPort 2.1, providing 3X the maximum total data rate compared to DisplayPort 1.41
Flagship AMD Radeon PRO W7900 graphics card delivers 1.5X faster geomean performance2 and provides 1.5X more memory than the previous generation
SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 13, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced the AMD Radeon™ PRO W7000 Series graphics, its most-powerful workstation graphics cards to date. The AMD Radeon™ PRO W7900 and AMD Radeon™ PRO W7800 graphics cards are built on groundbreaking AMD RDNA™ 3 architecture, delivering significantly higher performance than the previous generation and exceptional performance-per-dollar compared to the competitive offering. The new graphics cards are designed for professionals to create and work with high-polygon count models seamlessly, deliver incredible image fidelity and color accuracy, and run graphics and compute-based applications concurrently without disruption to workflows.
AMD Radeon PRO W7000 Series graphics cards feature the world’s first workstation GPU architecture based on AMD’s advanced chiplet design, providing real-world multi-tasking performance and incredible power efficiency. The new graphics cards are also the first professional workstation GPUs to offer the new AMD Radiance Display Engine™ featuring DisplayPort™ 2.1 that delivers a superior visual experience, higher resolutions and more available colors than ever before.
The AMD Radeon PRO W7900 graphics card, designed for extreme workloads, features 61 TFLOPS (FP32) peak single precision performance, offering 1.5X higher geomean performance on the SPECviewperf 2020 benchmark. It also includes 48GB of GDDR6 memory, which is 1.5X larger memory capacity than the 32GB available on the previous-generation graphics card. Created for heavy workloads, the AMD Radeon PRO W7800 graphics card features 45 TFLOPS (FP32) peak single precision performance and 32GB of GDDR6 memory.
“The new AMD Radeon PRO W7000 Series are the most powerful graphics cards AMD has built to date, providing professionals, creators and artists with exceptional performance and value to drive the most demanding professional design and creative applications,” said Scott Herkelman, senior vice president and general manager, Graphics Business Unit at AMD. “The AMD Radeon PRO W7900 and W7800 Series graphics cards are built to deliver incredible performance and reliability in professional applications, while providing color-critical accuracy and an incredible visual experience. The AMD Radeon PRO W7000 Series graphics cards give professionals the ability to tackle larger projects, render faster and create more complex models loaded with more pixels, more polygons, and more textures.”
AMD Radeon PRO W7000 Series workstation graphics cards are designed to help professionals meet high-pressure deadlines under increasingly tight budgets while delivering world-class results. Key features include:
- AMD RDNA 3 Architecture – New compute units share resources between rendering, AI, and raytracing to make the most effective use of each transistor, offering approximately 50% more raytracing performance per compute unit than the previous generation3. AMD RDNA 3 architecture also features optimizations for AEC, D&M, and M&E workflows for rendering, video editing, and multitasking.
- Advanced Chiplet Design – The world’s first workstation GPUs with a chiplet design provide higher performance and greater efficiency than the previous generation. It includes the new 5nm Graphics Compute Die (GCD) that provides the core GPU functionality. It also includes six new 6nm Memory Cache Die (MCD), each with second-generation AMD Infinity Cache™ technology.
- Dedicated AI Acceleration and Second-Generation Raytracing – New AI instructions and increased AI throughput deliver over 2X more performance than the previous AMD RDNA 2 architecture4, while second-generation raytracing technology delivers significantly higher performance than the previous generation5.
- Up To 48 GDDR6 Memory – Allows professionals and creators to work with the largest 3D models and environments, edit and layer complex timelines using the latest digital cinema cameras formats and render photorealistic, raytraced images with unparalleled quality. Professional applications that can take advantage of the larger framebuffer include Adobe Premiere® Pro & After Effects®, Autodesk 3ds Max® & Maya®, Blender®, Boris FX® Sapphire™, Dassault Systèmes® SOLIDWORKS® Visualize, DaVinci® Resolve, Lumion™, Maxon® Redshift™, and many more.
- AMD Radiance Display Engine with DisplayPort 2.1 – Supports the highest resolutions and over 68 billion colors, and offers support for higher refresh rate displays compared to AMD RDNA 2 architecture and current competitive offerings. Display outputs support next-generation displays and multi-monitor configuration options, creating an ultra-immersive visual environment.
- AV1 Encode/Decode – Dual encode/decode media engines unlock new multi-media experiences with full AV1 encode/decode support designed for high resolutions, wide color gamut, and high-dynamic range enhancements6.
- Exceptional Workstation Performance – The AMD Radeon PRO W7000 Series graphics cards compliment the AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ PRO processors by providing the horsepower necessary to handle demanding creative, production and visualization workloads quickly and efficiently. AMD Radeon PRO Series workstation graphics and Ryzen Threadripper PRO processors provide exceptional performance, reliability, and stability to power mission-critical professional applications.
- Optimized Driver Performance – All AMD Radeon PRO workstation graphics are supported by AMD Software: PRO Edition, which provides a modern and intuitive user interface. Radeon PRO Image Boost renders visuals higher than a display’s native resolution to optimize image quality and resolution, while Radeon PRO Viewport Boost dynamically adjusts viewport resolution, boosting framerates and navigation performance in select applications7.
- Certified for leading professional applications – AMD continues to work with leading professional software application vendors on a comprehensive application certification program, and to ensure AMD Radeon™ PRO graphics cards are built for demanding 24/7 environments and tested to meet exceptional standards, delivering the ideal balance of performance and stability. The list of certified applications can be found on the AMD website – https://www.amd.com/Certified.
(Peak Single Precision)
|Memory Bandwidth||Memory Interface||Display Outputs
(up to 80 Gbit/s
max total bandwidth)
|AMD Radeon PRO W7900||Extreme||96||61 (FP32)||48GB||up to 864 GB/s||384-bit||3X DisplayPort™ 2.1
1 mini-DisplayPort™ 2.1
|AMD Radeon PRO W7800||Heavy||70||45 (FP32)||32GB||up to 576 GB/s||256-bit||3X DisplayPort™ 2.1
1 Mini-DisplayPort™ 2.1
Pricing and Availability
The AMD Radeon PRO W7900 features an SEP of $3,999 USD. The AMD Radeon PRO W7800 features an SEP of $2,499 USD. The AMD Radeon PRO W7000 Series workstation graphics cards are expected to be available from leading etailers/retailers starting in Q2, 2023. Product availability in OEM and SI systems is expected in 2H 2023.
The AMD Radeon PRO W7000 Series workstation graphics cards will be on display from April 16 to 19 in booth #N2158 (North Hall) at The NAB Show 2023, Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Learn more about AMD Radeon PRO W7000 Series graphics cards here.
- Follow AMD on LinkedIn
- Follow AMD on Twitter
For more than 50 years AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics and visualization technologies. Billions of people, leading Fortune 500 businesses and cutting-edge scientific research institutions around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work and play. AMD employees are focused on building leadership high-performance and adaptive products that push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ:AMD) website, blog, LinkedIn and Twitter pages.
1 Display Port claim – Based on VESA DisplayPort 2.1 specifications details.RPW-426
2 1.5x faster claim – Testing as of February 16, 2023 by AMD Performance Labs on a test system comprised of an AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5975WX, 64GB DDR4-2133Mhz RAM, Windows® 11 Pro build 22621, 64-bit, AMD Radeon™ PRO Software 31.0.14001.45012 with AMD Radeon™ PRO W7900, W6800 at 1920×1080 display resolution. Benchmark Application: SPECviewperf 2020 V3.1 (Geomean across 3dsmax-07, catia-6, creo-03, energy-03, maya-06, medical-03, snx-04, solidworks-07)Additional information about the SPEC benchmarks can be found at www.spec.org/gwpg.SPEC® and SPECviewperf® are registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation. Results may vary.RPW-413
3 50% more RAYTRACING performance per CU Based on November 2022 AMD internal performance lab measurement of rays with indirect calls on W7900 GPU vs. W6800 GPU. RPW-428
4 RPW-429: “up to 2.7x AI acceleration” Based on AMD internal measurements, November 2022, comparing the Radeon PRO W7900 at 2.5GHz boost clock with 96 CUs issuing 2X the Bfloat16 math operations per clocks vs. the W6800 GPU at 2.25 GHz boost clock and 80 Cus issue 1X the Bfloat16 math operations per clock.
5 RPW-428: 50% more RAYTRACING performance per CU Based on November 2022 AMD internal performance lab measurement of rays with indirect calls on W7900 GPU vs. W6800 GPU.
6 GD-176: Video codec acceleration (including at least the HEVC (H.265), H.264, VP9, and AV1 codecs) is subject to and not operable without inclusion/installation of compatible media players. GD-176
7 AMD Radeon™ Viewport Boost is currently compatible with Autodesk 3ds Max®, Autodesk Revit®, and Epic Twinmotion® products, in Windows 10. Other professional software products to be announced. Hardware compatibility currently includes Radeon PRO graphics cards WX 2100, 3100, 3200, 4100, 5100, 7100, 9200, W5500, W5700, W6600, W6800, W7800, and W7900.