Do you also have multiple tabs open while you’re collecting data for analysis before an important meeting? Do you have to search multiple applications just to find your file and copy-paste the data from the file into the master database?
Also, not all the file types would be editable. In that case, convert, edit, and save. Sounds like a lot of work, because it is!
All of this can be handled by data entry software and the corporates are noticing it too! The Data entry market is growing at a CAGR of 10% every year, impressive.
So if you haven’t hopped on the wave yet, let’s get on it now!
What is data entry software?
Data entry software automates data capturing from multiple sources liek PDFs, documents, images, handwritten documents, emails, and more.
Data Entry software makes life easier, by automating the most tedious part of any job, copying or scraping data from one interface to another. In addition to enabling you to extract data, it can also help you to create charts and interactive dashboards, and draw insights at a lightning speed.
Nonetheless, using spreadsheets for data entry can be considered ideal, the amount of time it takes to feed each bit of data by hand can make things incredibly tedious and leads to many mistakes. In addition, each spreadsheet is classified on the computer and can not be accessed by numerous employees across the corporation. In several ways, using spreadsheets to feed data is more reasonable than keeping that data in a hard-bound pad.
A much better way to deal with data is to use data entry software that can automate the most tedious, error-prone manual processes.
Data entry software facilitates the processing of invoices, completes time-intensive workflows, and generates sales orders. But that is not the story’s climax; it is essential that you grab automation software that fits your industry size and can categorize, capture, and validate data swiftly.
Taking all the components listed above, the top 10 data entry software in the market in 2022 offers unique characteristics to suit different corporation needs.
Top 10 data entry software for advanced automation in 2022
Nanonets is an AI-based document automation software that can automate manual data entry processes and extract data from PDFs, documents, images, and handwritten documents with 95% accuracy.
It supports document ingestion, data capture in 200+ languages, document verification, KYC automation, data enhancement, and more. Nanonets is a no-code, workflow-based intelligent data entry software. You can automate any manual process in <15 minutes with the easy-to-use interface.
Nanonets is used by over 30,000 people over the world to extract data from more than 30 Million documents every year.
- It enables you to automatically structure and extract data from forms, documents, PDFs, scanned documents, and handwritten documents with a few clicks.
- The unique AI (Artificial Intelligence) tool allows you to capture unstructured data from any document.
- Automate Data Entry processes with workflows. You can also automate approval processes, invoicing, expense management, and more.
- Perfect for Data validation or data enhancement.
- Integrates with 5000+ applications with easy API connections and Zapier.
- Intuitive user interface
- Best to handle a large volume of documents
- Can understand 200+ languages
- Forever Free Plan
- Transparent pricing – Check Pricing Plans
- Easy to use
- Automated workflows that allow for automatic data capture
- Customizable as per your requirements
- 24×7 support
- 5000+ integrations
- Great OCR API for the dev team
- The table extraction UI could be better
Nanonets has helped over 500+ enterprises improve their data entry processes while reducing their costs, and time required and improving productivity.
Docparser is a comprehensive document management solution for small industries and enterprises. It incorporates business networks, business storage, and other cloud assistance to deliver a centralized and complete solution to users.
Document parsing is conducted using a clear built-in text recognition or OCR engine. The pre-processing capacities comprise image cropping, resizing, and auto-rotation. And DocParser can also comprehend QR codes and barcodes automatically.
Dcoparser also does image extraction and processing, so you can effortlessly apply image recognition algorithms to extract meaningful information from images.
- Supports QR barcode recognition and OCR scanning.
- Cloud-enabled sharing through Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Custom Parsing capacities.
- Multi-lingual support.
- Extract texts and process images
- Docparser supports image formats like TIFF, JPG/JPEG, PNG, BMP, PDF
- Incorporate with business storage
- Documentation examination and processing steps can be disturbing to some users.
- Integration of software for phones is not there.
- No phone support is available.
- Monthly costs can be a little bit expensive for large batches
- The extent of objectivity of the judgments can be broadened
Foxtrot RPA is another data entry equipment that can enable your institution to automate the data entry process. Distant from automating the data entry procedure for industries, this equipment is constructed to add an intelligent robot network that can interact with your PC to conduct other assignments like clicking keystrokes and mouse movements.
In addition to a simple user interface, this tool can stimulate the procedure of data gathering and structuring data in a means users can comprehend. Also, with Foxtrot RPA, you can effortlessly receive your excel data without encountering any missing fields.
The equipment is also consistent with any corporation size and allows one to feel the equipment through a free trial. After your free trial, you can proceed with using the equipment for a monthly fee.
- Benefits image capture
- Fit and merge your data
- Delivers a complete catalog of mathematical formulas
- Stimulates data management capabilities like discovery, data cleansing, and retrieval
- Very powerful and enables you to automate business procedures by mimicking user movements on the compute
- Easy to set up and use
- Allows you to custom code, SQL, and PowerShell, which expands its functionality.
- Lacks integration into Adobe, SharePoint, and other products
- It has some bugs
- Getting data into the system is difficult
- Documentation can be better
- Needs improvement in execution and control
- Does not work against browsers
Docsumo is a document processing solution that facilitates operation teams to extract data with accuracy. It accomplishes so with any document, irrespective of its configuration, and does not expect manual setup.
Effortlessly upload your receipts, invoices, forms, hr payrolls, and other documents to Docsumo and transport the captured data to different software in a single click. You can download your data in JSON, Excel, CSV, or XML.
- Intelligent data capture and transport
- Data Quality Control and Replication
- Email and IP Address Extraction
- Abbreviation Detection
- Data Aggregation
- Simplistic UI with simple features.
- Outstanding customer support and resolution of bugs.
- Influential API is customizable for various use cases.
- The API documentation must comprise more details.
- UI should be more intuitive.
- A complex reporting system would make it better
- Docsumo nowadays cannot process handwritten papers.
Nintex RPA, previously known as Foxtrot by EnableSoft, is a cloud-based data entry outlet formulated for businesses of all scales. It facilitates users to automate manual procedures as well as data assignments.
Nintex comprises three elements –
- View Center
- Script Center
- Run Center
The Script Center stimulates users to develop tasks, View Center facilitates users to amend variables, and Run Center allows users to modify the script speed.
- Data Capture and Transfer
- Archiving & Retention
- Data Quality Control
- Data Lookup Control
- Foxtrot provides extreme flexibility in actions against disparate networks.
- Simple interface which does not need substantial prior knowledge to operate.
- Friendly and intelligent customer service agents.
- License expenses can be costly if you build multiple forms and workflows.
- It hangs because of bugs
- Difficult to learn
- Lacks integration in Adobe and other products
- The software expects greater affiliation and testing for templates
Docupilot is a Document Generation and Document Automation software. Docupilot allows you to create documents from intelligent templates and sends the documents as email or to your favorite apps like Dropbox, DocuSign, and Zapier.
It is a cloud-based document production solution that enables businesses of all sizes to create, manage, and implement automated workflows to facilitate forms and document creation operations across offices. The platform facilitates institutions to design personalized templates utilizing Microsoft Word or the built-in document software and define loops, variables, and tables to capture data.
- The feature set is identical to other online document creation software
- Easy to use
- Good customer care and support.
- Not apt to edit the document on the outlet, instead editing in Word on the desktop and then uploading
- Adds a little time to the overall distraction.
- Better if more integrations are available
- The UI of the product is not up to the mark
ABBYY is a strong data capture and document processing outlet from a world-famous technology dealer. It can alter streams of documents of any pattern and complexity into business-ready data.
Its excellent recognition technologies, automatic document division, and incredibly scalable and customizable architecture stimulate it to help corporations and institutions of all sizes to facilitate their business procedures, increase efficiency and alleviate costs.
- You are only required to create one template for a single category and the rest is performed by Flexicapture.
- Any failures are exhibited on the verification location to be dealt with.
- Lags at times and is shown up with too frequent updates.
- Licensing process is a bit strict
- If a category in a batch fails confirmation, then the remaining batch will not be substantiated until the error gets cleared.
- Complicated UI and needs experience to steer through the features.
Klippa delivers automated document management, classification, processing, and data extraction solutions to digitize paper documents in your institution. One outlet to automate all your document workflows. Automatically OCR, anonymize, extract data, classify, convert and verify documents with the Klippa platform.
- AI/Machine Learning
- Activity Dashboard
- Access Controls/Permissions
- Accounting Integration
- Aging Tracking
- Approval Process Control
- Extremely fast to setup an MVP
- Tremendous API for developers
- Assistance can develop specific document templates
- No global monitoring of the model extract required data
- No chance to configure the models or adapt a batch of documents with data to enhance the results for users
- OCR recognition is not up to the mark
- Insufficient template customizations
Google Document AI
Document AI utilizes machine learning and natural language processing to equip computer systems to simulate a human decision of documents. Document AI uses deep-learning neural system algorithms to enforce character, text, and image recognition in about two hundred languages with incredible accuracy.
This platform ratified users to formulate sales intelligence that outcomes improved databases from dealers and social outlets.
- Deep Learning Neural Network integration
- Cloud-vision OCR
- Greater precision even from unstructured documents
- A simplistic user interface assures seamless navigation.
- Decent decision-making with document data.
- Automate data to improve the efficiency of workflows.
- Customization of prevailing libraries and modules is boring and takes time and experience.
- Lacks advanced features
- People find bug issues
- Absence of assistance for Python and many other coding languages.
- The API expenses add up rapidly during the setup procedure
Grooper is a processing and document automation and processing platform that helps industries in the expertise of finance, healthcare, legal and other areas. Trooper processes and extracts data from several sources such as MS Word documents, PDFs, emails, and additional digital sources.
- Data archiving
- Data supply chain management
- Image processing
- Data profiling
- Data discovery and extraction
- Natural language processing
- Data quality control
- The platform delivers unique functionality, with entry to many functions, tools, and options.
- The user controls all the procedures, and nothing regulates in the background.
- You can operate the software with the slightest knowledge of programming.
- The software can get a little intimidating to comprehend.
- The documentation requires comprehensive information for a user who is attempting to troubleshoot.
- The configuration GUI has several options to specify and extract data that can confuse a beginner.
- Many users documented having omissions during processing.
The best data entry software
We’ve taken a look at all the best data entry platforms present in the market today. There are many notable mentions like Jotform, Zoho, and Veryfi. We’ve compared the features of the top 10 data entry software companies in the snapshot below:
Our best picks for data entry software are:
Must-Have Features of Data Entry Software
Once data arrives in your network, it requires to be organized in a means that makes it beneficial and efficient to use. Data classification equipment will do this for you, seizing the data you enter and restoring it into a layout that will be more useful for your future use and examination.
Nanonets can classify documents, expenses, and data on the go. See how.
Sometimes you are not just manually feeding data but instead required to take poorly structured or unstructured data sources and turn them into something useful. Data extraction devices can enable you to take that unstructured data and process and categorizing it so you can utilize it in your industry.
Nanonets can extract data with 95%+ accuracy. Try it for yourself.
Data cleaning seizes an occurring set of data (record set, a table, database, etc.) and scans through it to examine for specific stipulated errors, blank spots, and inconsistencies.
Data validation is a procedure conducted during data entry, assuring that the data will not require to be cleaned at a later period by assessing it as it is entered initially. In exercise, this implies tools in the system will ensure that you are averting common data entry errors so that your data is entirely correct and valuable.
Some industries need to stock visual data as much as text-based data. For those corporations, specific data entry networks will enable you to scan in images stored with the remaining of your data. In expansion, some advanced software can scan physical data sets and spreadsheets and convert them into valuable data in your system.
Almost all devoted data entry software will enable you to build custom forms that will inquire about the critical data required to arrive in the system. Autofill elements can make filling the forms easier and less redundant, while they can also be used to check for apparent or common mistakes. The software will take the data into these forms and restore it into more detailed, classified layouts for better storage and examination.
Things to keep in mind while making the buying decision
Other things to take into consideration when selecting the best data entry software for your industry may include:
Data entry software networks are generally specialized for particular industries. You will need to seek out a dealer geared toward your specific field so that you can buy software that is particular to your necessities.
For instance, if you are a medical exerciser, you would not discover much use for data entry software optimized for law companies. This will be your prime concern when selecting the right dealer and software system for your industry.
Integration With Other Systems
No matter how rapidly and efficiently you can feed it into your PC, your data will be unnecessary if you are not apt to do something productive with it. This implies that you want to be extremely sure that you will be able to transport the data you have entered into your other industry software to evaluate it and use it.
It is essential that you check with dealers about whether their software will incorporate what you are already using (or plan to buy) for other characteristics of your business.
For many industries and teams, data is compiled while on the go, whether on an industry trip or just a one-time discussion away from the office. That data is essential, though, and requires it to be in your computer network as soon as feasible.
Suppose your corporation frequently discovers this to be the case. In that case, you will want to be sure that you buy data entry software that enables you to capture or enter data from tablets or smartphones effortlessly.
Cloud-Based vs On-Premise Software
As newly as a couple of years ago, on-premise software was preferred. This implied that, after you bought the software, you had to have the area, IT reserves, and information to house the hardware for that network at your place. This was both inconvenient and costly.
Fortunately, the leading software today is hosted through the cloud, and the hardware is harbored by the dealer while the software is budgeted with you over the internet. Some industry-level software and business packages still use on-premise housing for processing power and speed.
Still, for small or medium businesses, hosting your software through the cloud is usually much more helpful (and far less expensive in money, time, and IT resources).
Dealing with data entry tasks manually indefinitely takes a lot of time and wealth and changes workers’ preferences from working on core assignments to data entry. Despite commissioning many resources to this area, you still obtain delayed reports pierced with mistakes. As automation is dominating, it is advisable that you use data entry software that can settle your advancing management requirements and that complies with the order of your industry.